Translate

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

God redeemed all of us because of the birth of his Son. No matter what world view you hold, God loves you. No matter where you are on the economic strata, God loves you and wants redeem your life through Christ.

4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelations 21:4

When I picture the heavenlies above, I picture a new earth. I picture a land without crime, murders, and pandemics. I picture a world where there are no bullies lurching about preying for their next victim.

As I picture heaven, I envision blue waters, forests, and bountiful crops to feed everyone. I picture major prophets of the bible walking with ordinary people telling those stories the rest of us remember from our Sunday school classes.

I see people I once knew on earth who suffered from disabilities who were now made perfectly whole in heaven.

I also see Jesus welcoming earthly deceased people made alive in new heavenly bodies come alive again when they see those who died before them. I see lots of fellowship and feasts on the finest food we never had in our earthly bodies.

I see Jesus wiping away the tears of people new to this place as if Jesus were telling them that he had conquered death once and for all.

I see reunions of parents who lost a child with the most incredible joyful moments. Parents wonder why they had to go through the painful process of grieving when they saw their son or daughter alive again.

When one thinks that we will spend eternity with our loved ones versus the 70-80 years on earth makes one realize that our earthly grief is short in comparison to the life time we would spend with them in heaven.

When I see heaven, I see joy, love, peace,gentleness,and self control.

Finally, when I see heaven I see an urgent need to share with our earthly friends the bibles vision of heaven and the hope it gives us because of what Christ did for us. God loved the whole world and this world is made up of all world views. God wants all to come to him.

Heaven is a very real place. It isn't a time in space, or complete emptiness like some world view thinkers want you to believe. Earth is our temporary home, but heaven is our home eternally.

Won't you open that door that allows Jesus to come into your life like I did in the Spring 1974?

No comments:

Post a Comment