Translate

Thursday, March 24, 2022

this memory popped up from a sermon Pastor Steve gave on Palm Sunday 2013- his message was on betrayal




10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you,[a] but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”
Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus 14 Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests 15 and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver. 16 From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over. Matthew 26:11-16

We went to the Palm Sunday service and enjoyed palm waving by the New Hope Church kids, wonderful praise service, and great teaching by Pastor Steve. The topic of the sermon was the betrayal

. Everyone at some point in their lives has been betrayed. Most of us have been rejected in a relationship when the other person didn't reciprocate. Some have been betrayed by someone at work, but God gave the most sacrificially in the way His son Jesus was betrayed in the final hours of his time on earth. Jesus was betrayed by  Judas who walked in his footsteps for 3 years prior to the time he was betrayed.

 Judas, shortly after leading the crowd to him, felt remorse and guilt and instead of acknowledging his sin of betrayal he ran back and tried to undo the damage he had done, and when they refused Judas threw the money on the ground. Instead of confessing his sin, Judas was so overwhelmed by guilt that he went out and hung himself. 

 The greatest danger facing Christians today is the danger of not believing that God is who he says he is and taking matters into our own hands.  Instead, it is important to believe that God can be the master healer of our lives, our relationships, and whatever pain we may have in our life.

  Where is God in your life? Is he sitting on the throne of your life, or is he standing off to the side waiting for you to get off the throne He should be sitting on the throne? Give God the opportunity to take control of your life and see what He can do.

As I fast forward to 2022 from those simpler days of 2013, I realize we need Jesus Christ more than we ever did before. Time is of the essence and do not think you can waste it believing you can always come back to God at a later date.  That moment may never arrive. Take a few moments and pray this assurance prayer. God listens to the heart. 

Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. If you prayed this prayer you can know that Jesus Christ is at the center of your heart and you can come to him at any day or hour with your prayer requests. I did this in 1974 and can testify that through the years He has been a source of comfort for all of my needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment