Translate

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Let me share a memory of this 91 year-old aunt who passed recently after her health battle


Before I share the family's tribute regarding their mom, grandmother, and aunt to the rest of us, I want to share a memory of this dear lady. June Hill (Underdahl) was the sibling of Pedie, Topsy, Beth, and Carol. Beth was my mom who died in 2005. What impresses me about June was how her positive nature, her Christian world view and her never-dying smile touched so many who crossed her path. My mom was one of those who benefitted from her sister's encouraging words.  The picture you see on this blog describes the essence of June. My aunt was the one who encouraged me to pursue writing my blog posts following the loss of my daughter Maria. I know that there are 100's, if not thousands, of others who were encouraged to find a passion for something and take a risk.  Those who did more than likely accomplished their goal. The reason? They knew they had Aunt June serving as their cheerleader in the background.  I will miss this wonderful lady, but I know as a believer of Jesus Christ I will see her again one day.



June Hill, 91, of Shoreview Minnesota passed away peacefully March 11, 2022 in Texas. In her final words she stated “ I am done, I quit, I just want to go to heaven”. She passed quietly away a short time later. June was born in Ronneby Minnesota April 28 1930.
Preceded in death Jack Hill loving husband and father. Survived by her children Skip (Barb), Pamela (Curt), Lance (Ceil) and David (Tamara), grandchildren, great and great great grandchildren. June is also survived by her loving partner Dick of many years. Together they spend summers in beautiful Minnesota and were winter birds in Texas.
June unquestionably had a zest for life. She had an artistic eye that she developed through photography. 
In the course of her life she won numerous awards and her work graced the cover of Professional Photography magazine. She was a Craftsman and a Master photographer who didn’t even know how to load film in a camera until she was 49.
Her enthusiasm, hard work and inspired perceptions blessed many people with unforgettable photographs. It is likely that her wonder for life and appreciation for art contributed to her youthful personality. How many people do you know went parasailing when they were in their 80s? June did.
It is very difficult to stay brief in an obituary for June.
She loved to travel and took numerous trips to Europe, she loved birds, nature and flowers especially tulips and she really loved her family! 
Truth be told she wore one of the thickest pairs of rose colored glasses you’ve ever seen on anybody! She did everything she could to find the best in everyone, focus on the positive, and encourage and inspire relentlessly. If you ever met June you would know you met someone special… who is now with her heavenly father. We will close by leaving you with her favorite scripture which she lived emphatically:
Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made we will rejoice and be exceedingly glad in it!
Love you mom!
June will be laid to rest beside husband Jack on
April 28th at Fort Snelling Cemetery, immediate family only. Celebration of Life at Junes house to follow
starting at 4:00pm.

I chose this Zach Williams, Help me, to encourage the Hill/Underdahl family as they go through the grief process.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment