Translate

Saturday, December 26, 2020

In these pandemic and uncertain times God continues to be my refuge and my shelter






But as for me, I will sing of Your strength;
Yes, I will joyfully sing of Your faithfulness in the morning,
For You have been my refuge
And a place of refuge on the day of my distress.
17 My strength, I will sing praises to You;
For God is my refuge, the [t]God who shows me favor. Psalm 59

This morning I woke up early unable to sleep due to contemplating the evil that is in this world.  I had this impression that America has lost it's first love for Christ and to follow him like they did before the onset of this pandemic. There are so many distractions today that take one's mind off of the deep and more important Spiritual things of the soul.  

There are families today that are divided into pathways of evil and pathways of righteousness. One member decides to waste their life's savings away gambling while the other member pursues a life of knowing Christ through the daily devotion to the word of God.  One member begins drinking and doing drugs excessively with occasional trips to the emergency room when a health crisis occurs while bringing other members into this drama. 

Unresolved trauma is often at the heart of the spiritual crisis of the soul. The moment we lose a loved one we perceive as an injustice we begin to build thick callouses toward God. We blame God for the cruelty in this world. We pull ourselves away from God, drifting aimlessly on a silent and stormy and shark-infested sea without God's guidance we had before we rejected Him.  Alone and frightened, we drift not knowing when our demise will come.  Occasionally, we look afar and see well-lit lighthouses of hope. We want to drift toward those, but we cannot get past our anger and resentment toward God for the injustices that happened to us.  Some of us become so stressed from this internal war of the soul that we begin smoking, drinking, or doing drugs or for the purpose of trying to get rid of the pain that lurks in us- we just want this pain to stop.  There are some who are drifting aimlessly who suddenly realize that they need to give Jesus a second chance and so they drift toward those lighthouses of hope; while still others continue to stew in their hatred and rebellion until death overtakes them when their unchecked blood sugars, off the chart high blood pressure causes them to go into a cardiac arrest.

Regardless of what trauma or loss had occurred in your life, Jesus wants to be your life
preserver and lighthouse of hope. 
When God sent His son to earth 2000 years ago, He did so to show you the way through this uncertain life.

Just as I did so in the early spring of 1974, I encourage you to invite Jesus Christ into your heart by opening the door of your heart and letting him come in. I assure you that just as I did  Jesus will come into your life to give you peace and assurance that the world can never give you. 

Jesus is the reason we celebrate the Christmas season.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment