Translate

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

For some reason the world has left the living Savior Jesus Christ out of the equation for the problems of the world

 


12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them. John 13: 12-17  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2013%3A1-17&version=NIV

Back in the 1990's there was a God-ordained men's movement that if it had been kept alive would have resulted in the greatest revival of this great nation and the world we live in.  Men's lives were being changed. Marriages were being restored. Men were swearing off the demon drink and staying home to spend time with their families. Married and single men were radically changing their lives by reading the Holy Scriptures we now know is the love letter for man kind.  Through the seed of one salvation, families were being restored and healed when the deep emotional hurts finally are confessed to their living Savior Jesus Christ.  What I know from my life is that the moment I prayed that salvation prayer in the late winter months of 1974, Jesus came into my heart to be with me and to help me through life's problems, and problems there were from the oil crisis of that year, to Watergate, to rumors of war in the middle east to the Iran hostage crisis in 1979, to the world trade towers collapse at the hands of the middle eastern terrorists, to the present pandemic. 

The founder of Promise Keeper's had a vision that if man's life can be radically changed from the inside, then God can changed wives, girlfriends, their children and then He can change the world. 

I remember around that time the Minneapolis Star and Tribune running a series of articles around the time of the PK men's moment that essentially crucified the movement by saying  it was a movement that was determined to keep woman in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant.  The National organization of Woman were strongly oppose to anything PK had to offer and they relentlessly attacked the very heart of the men ( and woman) who were behind this movement of God. 

It appears to me that whenever the Church attempts to offer a solution to a unsolvable problem, the news media attacks it. Fast forward and now we have the great pandemic where people are told that Churches are dangerous places to go because there are 'asymptomatic' people who could give you the virus and 'kill you' or your senior citizen. We're told to only watch Church services on-line, but for heavens sake do not go to church. We are told that singing is bad and will cause a super spreading of the virus.

Once again, the news media has done a splendid job shutting out the Church even though it is the only solution we have for the nation's and the world's problems.

In the summer of 2020 we witnessed racial justice riots throughout the country and the world, all in the name of George Floyd.  Out of the ashes of these riots rose the Black Lives Matter, global organization which is anything but 'Christian'.  Somehow the media has nothing to say about a global Marxist organization that would love nothing better to do but kill the Church and see God's people killed. 

In this same newspaper I referenced I had several letters to the editors that were censored and rewritten so as to not offend the unbeliever's out there.   In one letter where I wrote of the importance of father's taking responsibility and be the father and husband they needed to be, the editor wanted me to be more gender neutral- thus destroying the message I was trying to relay.

I now realized that the National and local news media is behind the scathing attacks on Christian's through such organizations as NOW, BLM, global.  

My message to the news media are these words from Joshua 4:15, 'As for me and my household we will serve the Lord.'  I know from my salvation prayer I cited in 1974 that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and He alone is the secret to changing the world when very bad things happen.  https://biblehub.com/nlt/hebrews/13.htm

Just as Wellington Boone illustrated in this message at a Promise Keeper's conference changing the world first begins changing the heart for when we change our hearts toward God then we can changed the world around us and when the world sees us washing each other's feet they will see that Jesus Christ is relevant for a world in search for the reconciliation of the soul.  

Jesus Christ is the answer for the problems we are facing today.  If you want to be inspired I encourage you to watch many of the Promise Keeper's messages that are on Youtube.  

Revivals start with a heart felt decision to receive Jesus into your life.  Won't you pray this prayer from where you are sitting? 

Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. If you said this prayer, please tell someone like a friend or Pastor. Then, begin knowing your Savior Jesus Christ by reading the Gospel of John from a bible source that is easy for you to understand. I personally like the New International Version for the way the words flow. Finally, grab a notebook and go on a 30 day journaling adventure and begin writing down the things that have touched your heart and your soul.


Revival begins one heart at a time. Jesus Christ wants to use you to revive others around you.









No comments:

Post a Comment