Translate

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

As the eternal optimist I say I am I believe we will not only survive this current health crisis, but thrive.




Hope in the Lord!
Be strong! Let your heart take courage!
Hope in the Lord! Psalm 27:14


Today, Governor Walz announced a 2 week shelter in place policy for all Minnesotans. He did so after looking at the statistics put together by the Department of Health and University of Minnesota. He asking all of us to make sacrifices to protect the most vulnerable among us such as the elderly and others with significant secondary health conditions. 

At first when I heard his plan I was thinking of the inconvenience for me.  I love being spontaneous and going somewhere on the spur of the moment.  As I thought some more I decided that 2 weeks would be a reasonable sacrifice if it meant saving the lives of millions  of others.

As I thought some more, I decided to turn this shelter in place as an opportunity to spend time with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I decided to grab journal and title it 'my journey.' I'm now excited by the prospects of seeing what my Lord has to reveal to me between the pages of the Holy Scriptures. 

I have a feeling that as I journal these next two weeks will go by quick and once again I will have the freedom to come and go at will. The question is whether I will continue the lessons of journal writing from that point on or will the tyranny of the urgent prevail?

No comments:

Post a Comment