Translate

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Always remember that Jesus is the Good Shepherd and he promises to walk with you through all of the rough terrain called life.



John 10 New International Version (NIV)

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

Life, it seems, doesn't always go at a predictable pace, nor always in the direction, you think it should go. Those roads you thought were so easy to navigate when you were younger become more burdensome with increasing age and the medical diagnosis's you thought you would never hear.

Many people will point fingers at God and blame him for their pain.  For others, suffering will cause them to stop believing. 

After all, they say if there is a God then God would not allow pain and suffering in this world. They forget we live in a fallen world caused by man's rebellion. Still, they would rather point fingers at God and blame him for all of the pain and suffering that comes upon them- worst still, they may decide to jump on the bandwagon of political opinion and tell others how destructive God and the Church can be.  Anger, it seems, is the Devil's tool to destroy.

As for me and my household, I will continue to believe in my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, I will choose to believe that Jesus Christ will walk with me through whatever pain I may encounter in this journey called life, no matter what medical diagnosis comes my way.  I will choose to believe that the salvation decision I made in the Spring of 1974 was the right one and that no matter what happens to me on this uncertain road Jesus will always be there at my side encouraging me with words of comfort and solace- to help me through the pain and suffering that is ever so present in life which in the end make me a stronger more resilient person. 

The moral of this post is this: never stop believing, never stop trusting Jesus because He truly knows how to walk with you through the pain.  In addition, never stop attending a Church somewhere because while people are imperfect you still need others in your life to walk with you on this journey called life. Watching a Church service on social media instead of attending your local church is not same.  We need people in our lives to rub shoulders with, to encourage each other, and to share our burdens with.

As the verse above illustrates, you have a good shepherd who knows you and lays down his life for you. Learn to trust and for some open up the door to your heart and let Jesus Christ come in. You will be glad you did.






No comments:

Post a Comment