Translate

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Minnesota lost a musical giant when Prince died suddenly this week




12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”Acts 4:12

I was in a meeting when a colleague blurted out that he just received a text from his daughter stating that Prince was dead. It was around 12:45 pm.  We knew he had some type of flu-like illness that had been bothering him for a while, but we assumed that the illness would pass. 

 Every radio station began talking about the sudden passing of this man who put Minnesota on the map.  

As I scroll through the articles on the web about this Minnesota treasure, there was one article that stood out.  Prince & Mayte Garcia:: The Tragic Loss Of Their 2nd Baby Broke Up Their Marriage.  Most people underestimate the devastating effects that a loss of a child can have on a marriage, but I I get it. 

Here is why I understand the intensity of this grief:: (1) husband's and wives grieve so differently that it is as if they are from two separate planets, (2) many couples are not even aware that they were capable of producing such intense emotions until that is when the death of a child occurs, and finally (3) unless the couple truly makes a commitment to work on that grief their lives will continue to drift apart like two passing ships in the night.

As I scrolled through the other articles about this man I discovered that  others found him very friendly, kindhearted and the guy who would do anything to make their lives enjoyable from performing a free concert at Paisley Park to dropping in at a music venue and playing a few songs. I read comments from a wide array of people who described Prince as someone who lead a clean lifestyle. 

While I won't pretend to guess where Prince was with God, I can tell you that there is another Prince that overcame the sin' of this world. He became known as the Prince of peace, the one who paid the price and made it possible when our last breath is taken we would take our first breath in Heaven in the very presence of Jesus Christ.

  If you are feeling sad regarding the recent passing of Prince the rock star, won't you turn to the other Rock and  utter this prayer, " Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and that nothing I can do can earn my salvation. I open up the door to my heart and invite you to come in and heal my wounds and give me the assurance of my new life with you."


No comments:

Post a Comment