Translate

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Miracles do happen






Matthew 8:13New King James Version (NKJV)
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.


Many of you have been the recipient of many prayer requests for my younger brother who had an infection on his foot that refused to heal. When he finally went in to urgent care they sent him  immediately to the emergency room where he was admitted. Until yesterday 

I hadn't seen the actual  pictures of his left foot which you know in those requests that there was the remote possibility of him losing it. Until yesterday I didn't see the full extent of the miracle that God had done on my younger brother. He never lost his foot and today continues  to see healing take place after several surgeries to clean out the infection. I will spare you of  the gory pictures I saw, but do take my word on it that it was bad.

Around the same time period of his health crisis I had the chance to sign up for a employer benefit program called preventnow.com, a online program that helps you change the unhealthy eating habits through educational lessons, daily weigh ins, communication with a health coach and your group of  other participants with the same goal of weight loss. I am now in my 16th and final week of the regular program where I have lost a total of 42 pounds. Next week I  begin the Sustain part of the Prevent Now program where I have the opportunity to continue working through additional goals.

Through 2 brothers God is doing a miracle and further reminds me that every day God continues to be doing miracles in all of our lives. Sometimes, those miracles are accomplished in the storms of our lives. Sometimes they are accomplished in the calm, but there is no question God is still in the miracle business! 

My brother? He has returned to work at his quality control job and each time he sees his foot and infectious disease doctors they too are amazed at his on-going progress and, I think, they know that a miracle has happened.

Finally, I am reminded that everyday there are men and woman in the medical profession that are experiencing God's miracles in the people that are assigned to them. They may not recognize those successes as miracles because of the tendency to focus on the ones who didn't survive under their care./ We must never forget the good things that our medical community are doing each and every day!

So, if there is a lesson found in these stories it would be for everyone to make sure you get in to see your medical doctor even it it is only to have routine blood workup, weight, and other routine labs done. When you do do one more thing. Tell them how much you value their training and their service because when you do that you will really encourage them to press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment