Translate

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again - Phantom of the Opera- Jesus love for those who grieve



14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”


In preparation for our family going to the Legacy Christian Academy's production of Phantom of the Opera she went on line to listen to some of the songs.

My lovely bride, the mother of our daughter Maria, asked me to listen to the song lyrics of this famous song. She thought it fitting to put the lyrics on my On Wings of Eagles site.  I agreed.

These lyrics are often what all of us feel after a loved one dies. Where once they were warm and alive and now they are gone from our lives forever.  They're gone, but we still feel their presence in our dreams and when we see their earthly possessions.  If you can picture this woman singing this song while trying to find her father's grave stone you will get a sense of her desperation in trying to get past the loss she had suffered.

 The time period it takes to process one's loss is dependent upon the relatiionshp you had with that person. There is no time table for processing grief and consequently you should not feel that you should move on simply because someone suggests to you that you are spending way too much time dwelling your loved one.

There is no doubt that grief stings. Like the trip to the doctors office the worrying we do on the days leading up to the trip is far worse than the actual appointment. There were times n my loss that I had wished I had stock in Kimberly-Clark, the makers of Kleenex tissues because I sure was buying plenty of their product.

As we 'lament' over our loved one who has departed we should remember that the bible reminds us that Jesus wept.  He wept for his friend Lazarus.  Two simple words and the shortest sentence in the bible illustrates God's  humanity for his people. http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/jesus-wept--2  To simple words reminding us of God's love for our loved one now departed and for us as well.  

Jesus wants to be your guide on this journey of loss. There are days where you barely have enough energy to get out of bed and your faith may be weak, but like our families grief ask God to give you what you what you need to get through the day.

He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment