Translate

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

They may take my Christian symbols and they may destroy the physical buildings of my faith, but they will never,never take thy Holy Spirit from me




23 Jesus answered, “Whoever loves me will keep my word. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Whoever doesn’t love me doesn’t keep my words. The word that you hear isn’t mine. It is the word of the Father who sent me.
25 “I have spoken these things to you while I am with you. 26 The Companion,[b]the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I told you. Jphn 14:23-24


I love Christian testimonies because when Jesus Christ touches them lives are changed for eternity. This is something that those in Isis do not understand. Just because you can destroy the symbols of our faith does not mean you will destroy Christianity.  

Unlike other religions in the world which lean heavily on their physical trappings, Christianity grew from within, one holy spirit at a time.  When Jesus Christ enters the heart of the person lives are permanently changed for the better.  His holy spirit will never disappoint.  

When I encountered several significant losses over a course of 4 years the holy spirit of Jesus continued to reside in me to guide me through those tumultuous times that followed. This same Jesus that greeted each of my loved ones continued to reside in me through out the bumpy road of my grief.

 I don't know if it is even possible to be a news reporter without knowing the hope that only Christ brings. To read about beheading's destruction of faith symbols on a daily basis has to be a very daunting taskAs I read the front page headlines and watch my neighbors become anxious with each traumatic beheading or destruction of our symbols I am comforted knowing that Isis has no capacity to destroy the holy spirit of true believers. 

Each time I hear a new testimony for Christ I envision the devil in this world cringing and screaming at the top of his lungs when he realizes that he can never take that spirit from those in Christ.

I hope this cardboard testimony inspires you today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment