Translate

Friday, May 31, 2013

Today is a special day honoring our son and his classmates at Legacy Christian Academy







30 “Therefore, the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I promised that your branch of the tribe of Levi[a] would always be my priests. But I will honor those who honor me


Today is a our day to honor the graduates at Legacy Christian Academy in Andover, Minnesota. My son will be one of those honored for his hard work, dedication to following the Lord, and his ability to stand up for what is right even though it wasn't the most popular thing to do.  I was at my son's final track and field banquet last night and I was watching those who received very public and well deserved awards for their participation on this years track team while deep down I prepared my own award to give to my son.

James, you are an incredible young man and I as your dad am very proud of you. God has given you the desire to follow what is right even in the face of unpopularity.  You became a friend to those who needed a friend in their own severe testing.  I watched you coach your Parliament debate team and noticed your ability to bring out the best in each of your members. Your team was the most discipline and well organized  team of the class. 

Your strength of character and your ability to work on your grief in your unique way reminds me that God is one day going to use you in a very mighty way.  You demonstrated the ability to lead a bible study during your summers when most kids would rather debrief doing fun things.

As I watched you run the two mile I saw determination on your face that you were going to finish the race despite the pain in your feet. I saw a young man willing to press on with his sight on the goal. I saw a young man determined to finish the race. Your strength of character will serve you well as you pursue the next level of academic challenge. You have fought the good fight and you have finished the race. As your father I couldn't be more prouder.

 One of my prayers very early in our grief was for God to help you recover from your own grief. As I have seen this past year I know God answered that prayer and I was reminded that you are in good hands with His help.

Parents, if you have a son or daughter graduating in this years senior class and you could give them an award what would you say them that will encourage them?

So to the class of 2013 I say congratulations!  I look forward to watching how God is going to use each of you in the next chapter of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment