Translate

Sunday, November 7, 2021

As my life turns another year of life, one regret I will never have is the moment I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord.

 




1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for. 3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.  Hebrews 11:1:3



I still remember that day as an 18-year-old about to graduate from high school when a good friend shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with me in a tiny coffee house ministry next to the Minnetonka Community Church. I had no regrets for that decision for it was the decision that became the guiding light for my life because it steered me on the right path, away from the bad choices that many were making.

 At a time when other young people were committing criminal acts, my Lord taught me the importance of respecting authority and honoring those who were older than me. At a time of uncertainty about what I ought pursue with my life, my Lord spoke words of encouragement that lead me into my chosen profession. 

I will never have regrets for placing my life in the hands of the man of God who died for me. 

 Life, of course, hasn't been a bowl of cherries for me for there were many hard times I would experience, but knowing my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ, has given me the strength to carry on despite those difficult times. 

 Times like the moment the chaplain came out to let us know that they did all they could, but they simply could not revive our little 10-year-old daughter. 

Times like how God walked with this very angry dad to the point where he was able to forgive the doctor for putting her on pain medication she could not metabolize in her system, or the time this dad wrote a letter of forgiveness to this doctor and the doctor clearing his schedule to meet with us for a time of forgiveness in action, or the time that this once angry father recommended to the Kids' alive orphanage that I knew a very good doctor who could treat a girl with a similar condition as the one my daughter had.

You see, I have a living Savior who not only walks with you through the pain, but I have a living savior who makes all things new. This same living Savior wants to be your savior if only you will invite Him into your heart through this simple prayer: "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Your Name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer and sincerely mean it, I assure you that just as I did when I was 18, Jesus Christ is right now taking up residence in your life. Like I said, I have no regrets about inviting Jesus Christ into my life and neither should you.

In the eyes of our Lord, you were born with a purpose in life. Go and seek the Lord for that purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment