Translate

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace


For to us, a child is born, to us, a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 





There is so much suffering in the world, so many downtrodden and hurting people that need to find hope for their lives. I look far and wide and I see people in pain. People close to me and people I've never met. Starving people, people who are well-fed. people of all economic statuses all searching for hope for their lives.

 Isaiah was a major prophet before Christ was born and God spoke those words of hope to give a generation the hope they needed to hear. 

 Just as He used Isaiah, he spoke words of prophecy through King David (Psalm 16:10) (Acts 2:24-3). King David also predicted Jesus’ resurrection, prophesying that God would not let His “Holy One see decay” Another Old Testament writer who foresaw Jesus’ death and resurrection was the prophet, Isaiah. Isaiah explained that God’s servant would suffer for the sins of God’s people and then rise to life again (Isaiah 53; cf. 1 Peter 2:24)and that this good news of salvation would spread beyond Israel “to the ends of the earth” (Isaiah 49:6

I can attest to the realities of this living Christ in my own life beginning in spring 1974 when I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart after hearing several personal testimonies through the Minnetonka Christian coffee house. Just before Christ made his final ascension into heaven came these words from Acts 1:8 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts1&version=ESV

Jesus is ALIVE!  He continues to give hope to those who cry out for Him.
Regardless of your present worldview, Jesus Christ died for you. He is the living Christ who wants to be your guide in this hopeless world.  I encourage you to do what I did in that Spring 1974 and invite Christ into your heart. I assure you that Christ will give you peace and hope to face tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment