Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Greater than all the trophies is knowing that Jesus Christ is the assurance of your salvation.




13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13



Last night, I turned off the Minnesota Twin's/Yankees game to try to get some sleep before the start of a brand new day. Curiosity got the best of me when I woke up at 3:50am to find that our beloved Twins lost to the Yankees 5-1. We had placed our hopes on another World series just like the ones in 1987 and 1991, but instead of celebrating a win tonight we lamented over the agony of defeat.

As I reflected on that thought I was remembering that more important as the wins are, God cares more about our hearts and our attitude when we play the game. Whether you are an athlete or not, "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength has relevance for all of us. It is the hope that resides in each of us that gives us the inspiration to overcome any obstacle in life.

If you're fearful of that job interview tomorrow, "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."

If you're fearful of that oncology appointment, "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."

If you do not know how you are going to get through the day of burying your loved one, "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."

If you do not know how you're going to survive this painful grief journey, "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."

The word of God says that He loves you and has a plan for your life. You may not see it right away, but you can find the peace that simply accepting Jesus Christ into your heart will give you the peace that he knows what to do with all circumstances that come your way. Good and bad, God will help you conquer all obstacles.

Just as these athletes gave their lives to Jesus Christ, you also can have that assurance of salvation simply by asking Christ into your life.







No comments:

Post a Comment