Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

We have a God who values our lives and gives us a new meaning following loss



John 16:33 New International Version (NIV)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”


As we all sojourn life's pathway while fending off the onslaught of arrows from those who are still searching for meaning in their own lives as they mow others down in front of them, I'm amazed that in the pages of the Holy Scriptures is a God who loves us so much that he would actually die so we can find meaning for our lives.
This is Amazing Grace! How sweet is that sound?

If there is any joy in our pain and our grief, it is God who speaks to us in our dreams at night or morning devotions, or through scripture we may hear through friends ( who were inspired to share those with you), through wise counsel of trusted listeners, or key verses placed on your heart to help you with whatever delicate problem you may have for that moment.

This is amazing grace.

How sweet is that sound that desires to save a wretch like me? My God loves me!
God gave me a purpose to live, while others around me are still searching aimlessly for that purpose through whatever self-help books they can find, whatever worldview seems popular at the moment, or even spending money to be inspired by a motivational speaker that in the end, we forget their words.

This is amazing grace! 


That my Savior wants to walk with me in my afflictions. That He wants to utter sweet red letter words to help me find comfort and solace. My God loves me, and yes even you, and you can find life's purpose to keep you on this life's path!

Listen closely.
As we watch those around us taking their final breaths, we can hear them express their love for their Savior while seeing their Lord in that room.
Let all of us be inspired by the experience of being present in the final moments in those who are dying


For this is Amazing Grace, and His Grace is meant to give you a new purpose for living!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Grace, I would have to say, is my all time favorite hymn. I cannot get enough of the words of this song because they refresh my soul.I'm inspired just knowing how much God loves me and wants to be with me on this life's journey. When He ascended to heaven, he promised to send the gift of His Holy spirit into my life which become a source of inspiration for me and give me a new purpose for living. That is Amazing grace.

    ReplyDelete