Translate

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

"Your going the wrong way"



6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6



This scene from Planes, trains and automobiles captures so eloquently the essence of life.
We start off believing we are on the right path before
we discovered that the path we thought was the right path
had deviated far away from the one we  originally thought we were on
lost,
bewildered,
thinking that all is hopeless
at wits end
we cry out

Disparately we search for the right path
Looking far and wide at the paths of our celebrities,
we discovered that they are equally as lost
exposes revealed things we never knew about them
crack the very foundation we stand on
until that is
we hear a voice in the desert 

calling our name
"I am the way"

faint at first we listen
"and the truth"

I strain closer to the source of the sound
"no one comes to the father"
my eyes, filled with sleep matter strains to see 
"except through me"
I look at the path I was on
lost
bewilederd
at wits end
I cry out to the one calling my name

It is never too late in life to make a U turn
Jesus wants you on the right path
filled with hope
your debt from your past canceled
your name written forever
in the Lamb's book of life



No comments:

Post a Comment