Translate

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Four civil rights leaders, opposite and divergent styles of leading




21Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" 22Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.… Matthew 18:21


Our family just recently returned from Alabama where we celebrated the holiday with our Sister-in-law and her husband in the town of Athen's, Alabama, just outside of Huntsville. Toward the end of our stay my wife, son and I traveled to the deep south toward the Gulf shores.

We stopped in Montgomery, Alabama and toured the famed Civil Rights Museum. This region is filled with history and the birthplace of the modern Civil Rights movement.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4h-HReF-y8

Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ralph Abernathy believed in peaceful demonstrations that would eventually shed light on how evil racism in the south really was. Dr. King began preaching from a tiny baptist church in Montgomery which to this day had been restored and open to tours.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZgSK9yIbk At this link I included Dr. King's famous' I have a dream speech.'

As I studied Dr. King I realized that he incorporated many of the qualities of Christ into his day to day ministry. I am sure that Dr. King started out in his ministry perfectly content to preach to gospel in a simple church, but when God called him to right a social injustice he got up and left his comfort zone and answered the call. Leaving the Pulpit meant risking life and limb for not only himself, but those who joined him in these peaceful demonstrations. Answering the call meant that he could no longer avoid the voice of God within for he knew that heaven was crying for these social injustices.

Today, we have one more social injustice that needs to be right once and for all. It is the social injustice caused by America's number one killing machine, Planned Parenthood. Started out as the Birth control movement by Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood evolved into the biggest killing machine of African American babies by placing these clinics in poor neighborhoods. If you want to see what kind of woman Margaret Sanger was I encourage you to watch this video of a news interview with her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsrOPDdbTzM

I urge the Republican party to do the right thing and de-fund this massive killing machine. De-funding Planned Parenthood would save millions every year. To get a glimpse of the evils of the abortion machine I encourage you to watch Maafa 21 at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eWxCRReTV4

If we truly care about people, regardless of race, creed and disability we must stand up for them. 

Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone to help correct this social injustice.  I encourage you to write your congressional representatives and urge them to de-fund this organization and remind them that we have a much better alternative, adoption.

Finally, I encourage everyone to go on a Civil rights tour of Montgomery, Alabama, the birthplace of the modern civil rights movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment