Translate

Monday, April 25, 2022


And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. John 6:35
 




I had this dream where I was alone and shipwrecked on a desert island. I felt a cool breeze over my face. I heard the gentle waves of the ocean hit the shore. I opened my eyes and saw the brightest stars against the black sky. I 

I looked off in the distance to see my damaged boat resting vicariously against the rock. Half of the boat was underneath the surface of the water.  I looked around this place without seeing a single soul. I was alone which is an eerie feeling for someone who thrives on being around people where those conversations stimulate the senses. 

 As I looked around I felt my pocket New Testament when I reached down with my right hand.  I cried that at least my Savior, Jesus, hadn’t abandoned me. The very Savior who entered my soul in that early spring of 1974 continues to be my anchor of my soul. ‘Though the world may slay me, though friends may abandon me, though my earthly wealth may dissipate, Jesus Christ will never abandon me, nor will he ever abandon you if you say, “Jesus, I need you today. I know I haven’t led a perfect life. I know you died for my sins so that I might have life. Come into the open door of my life. Thank you for giving me this salvation in these uncertain times”. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment